general article

Court marriage is not just economical but sensible. Here’s Why.

Marriage is a beautiful part of life. Every person wants to make their wedding day full of amazing experiences. Indian weddings – with all its customs and rituals – is expensive. A court marriage, on the other hand, offers you an economical alternative. It is also a hassle-free and simple process. The marriage can be solemnized as well as registered in the presence of a marriage registrar and three witnesses.

Step-by-step Procedure of Court Marriage

  • In the first step, both the bride and groom will be given a checklist of documents along with a questionnaire. This is used for acquiring your details. When MyAdvo receives the filled up form, they will issue an intended marriage notice. To decide where you want to celebrate your marriage, you need to select a district where one of you has stayed a minimum of 30 days before the notice was filed. The court marriage will take place at the office of the marriage registrar of that district.  
  •  After confirming the place of the court marriage, you along with your partner and the three witnesses will need to fix a meeting with the marriage registrar with the help of a MyAdvo expert. The meeting will take place at a time decided on mutual agreement. During the meeting, the marriage registrar will check and finalize your documents.
  • After that is done, MyAdvo will file a notice of the intended marriage. Afterwards, the marriage officer will issue the intended marriage notice. Along with that, he will also invite complaints regarding the intended marriage. The objection must be raised within 30 days from the publication of the notice.
  • If someone raises a complaint, the marriage officer will give a chance to the parties to present their case. Once that is done, the officer will take the decision of whether or not the complaint is real. If the objection is real, he or she won’t solemnize the marriage. The parties, who are involved, can appeal against the decision in the district court. However, the court must fall under the jurisdiction of the marriage officer.
  • If there are no objections regarding the published notice within 30 days, the legal procedure will continue. At a time decided upon mutual consent, you along with your partner, and the same three witnesses will have to appear before the marriage registrar at his or her office. There, you need to sign a declaration to solemnize the marriage. The marriage officer will then issue a marriage certificate. Both the parties and the same three witnesses will need to sign this certificate.
  • After that is done, the marriage officer will issue the marriage certificate to the couple.

Court marriages are different from traditional weddings. You don’t need to carry out any tedious and time-consuming rituals. Along with that, it gives you a simple, economical, and legal path to register and solemnize your marriage. Therefore, it is a great alternative to a traditional wedding, especially in the fast-paced world we live in now. If you want to know more details, please click here.